Probably the most important early (1946) documentation of the plan to Communize American education. This article by Dorothy Dawson, secretary to the school superintendent, entitled "Community Centered Schools THE BLUEPRINT which appeared in the Montgomery County, Md. "Advertiser" , April 11, 1973, clearly spells out the socialist education revolution which would take place in American education, using Montgomery County schools as pilot schools for experimentation. The article includes the Educational Program for Montgomery Co. Schools as proposed by Dr. Nicholalus L. Englehard and Associates, Consultants, and written by Dr. Walter D. Cocking, New York City, 1946. In the Letter of Transmittal, they asked that the program"should be put into operation gradually." Advertiser 1973
45 GOALS of the COMMUNIST MANIFESTO!
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war. DONE
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war. DONE
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength. DONE
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war. DONE
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites. DONE
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination. DONE
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N. DONE
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress. DONE
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N. DONE
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow.) DONE
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party. DONE
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office. DONE
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States. DONE
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights. DONE
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks. DONE
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack. DONE
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures. DONE
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms." DONE
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art." DONE
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press. DONE
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV. DONE
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy." DONE
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch." DONE (Rick Warren/Joel Osteen)
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state." DONE
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis. DONE
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man." DONE
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over. DONE
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc. DONE
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities. DONE
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions. DONE
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business. DONE
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat]. DONE
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals. DONE
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce. DONE
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents. DONE
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use "united force" to solve economic, political or social problems. DONE
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government. DONE
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal. DONE
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.